You are here


    How can I apply for the broad street finish line Grant?

    Students can apply for the Broad Street Finish Line Scholarship by completing this form. This is a Google Form, so make sure you are signed into your Temple account in the same browser.

    i received an email that I am no longer eligible for my scholarship. What can I do?

    Please read over the Academic Merity Policy posted to our Policies webpage. You can appeal your scholarship by completing this form.

    I was admitted for the Fall 2019 semester. When can I expect my award letter?

    Welcome to Temple! Fall 2019 admitted students will receive their award letter in mid-February. Please review the information regarding Student Eligibility, awards, and other information in the Apply section.

    what is the net price of attending temple?

    The net price can vary depending on your major, state residency, housing choices, etc. Use the Tuition Calculator on the Bursar's Website to estimate your costs based on your college, residence hall, and other information. You can also add your financial aid and resources to determine the overall net price.

    My family's financial circumstances have changed. what can i do?

    We accept appeals for a vareity of circumstances when your family's circumstances. Students can request a Family Contribution Appeal through the Temple Dashboard starting in mid-March. Due to funding limitations, appeals are only considered if the student is eligible for a federal Pell Grant as a result of the changes. Our office will review the information once it has been submitted and the next steps - or decision - sent via email. Please review the policy section of our website for information on the process and acceptable circumstances.

    How can i appeal the amount of my scholarship?

    The Admissions Office makes all scholarship decisions. If you have questions, send an email to

    When does my spring 2019 financial aid disburse? where is my refund?

    Spring 2019 aid will begin disbursing on January 9. Refunds are issued daily following disbursement. Students and Authorized Payers can sign up for Direct Deposit via The Current Account Activity page will provide the most up-to-date information regarding payment and refund dates, and the Student Choice Refund page will show you where your refund is. More information can be found on our Tuition and Billing section. 

    I'm a new student in the Spring 2019 semester. what do i need to know?

    Welcome to Temple! The Spring 2018 semester is part of the 2018-19 academic year, so please ensure you have completed the 2018-19 FAFSA and included Temple's Code (003371). Award letters are issued within 7-10 days of a FAFSA being submitted. If you are a Transfer Student, please review the Transfer Student page.

    I'm attending part-time this semester. how does this affect my aid?

    Students who attend less than full time (11 credits or less for undergraduate, 8.5 credits or less for graduates) will have their account manually reviewed to determine what aid they can receive. Parent PLUS, Graduate PLUS, and private loan amounts are all dependent upon a student's overall cost of attendance. When a student attends part-time, we need to adjust the costs based on the actual charges. These reviews generally occur after the add/drop period ends. More information regarding loans can be found on the Educational Loans section.

    I applied for a private loan. when will i receive the funds?

    Private loans are certified (i.e., reviewed and posted to an account) within 2-3 weeks of Temple SFS receiving the request. Periods of high processing volume, such as the start of the fall and spring semesters, can delay this process by an additional 2-3 weeks. Students should submit their loan requests at least 4-6 weeks prior to the start of an academic term to ensure the funds are received in time. Additionally, students should also be aware that we process loans for the full academic year. This means that we will take the amount requested and split it into two (2) payments - one for fall, and one for spring. The only exceptions to this policy are:

    • Students graduating at the end of the fall semester (please submit confirmation to our office)
    • Students attending a semester study away (please submit confirmation to our office)
    • Students admitted to Temple University - Japan Campus.
    • Students paying a prior year's balance. Requests submitted in January for the immediately preceding fall do not qualify as paying a prior balance.

    Why don't the amounts on my award letter match the amounts on my bill?

    The Department of Education charges a loan fee for the Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans. The loan fee is a percentage of the loan amount and is proportionally deducted from each loan disbursement. The percentage varies depending on when the loan is first disbursed (i.e., paid):


    First Disbursement Date

    On or after October 1, 2017 and before October 1, 2018 – 1.066%

    On or after October 1, 2018 and before October 1, 2019 – 1.062%


    The amount on the award letter is the full amount, or gross amount, of the loan; the amount on your bill is the amount paid after the fee is deducted. This is the net amount.