Financial Aid Award: Self-Service Banner (SSB)
After you receive TUmail notification of an award letter, visit the Self-Service Banner section of the TUportal.
The Financial Aid section of the TUportal will allow a students to View Account Summary; Review Awards; Accept/Reduce/Decline Award Offers; View Loan information; Review Withdrawal Information.
After selecting the appropriate award year:
- Review the "Terms and Conditions" tab which contains the Financial Aid Fact Sheet filled with important information regarding financial aid eligibility.
- Select the "Accept Award Letter" tab. If you wish to reduce or cancel your loan/work study awards for the upcoming year, you have the option to do this here. If you accept the full amount of financial aid (including loan funding), click "Accept Full Amount All Awards."
- Select the "Resources/Additional Information" tab to answer the Title IV Authorization questions.
IMPORTANT: If you complete these steps in a different order than listed above, your tabs in the award area may turn "grey" and become inaccessible. If this is the case, please log back into the site after 30 minutes and try again. If you are still having access issues after waiting 30 minutes, please contact Student Financial Services to have the account reset.
Financial Aid Requirements
Financial aid requirements allow the SFS office to confirm a student's eligiblity. These requirements are found within the Costs & Aid tab within the TUportal.
Tips for Accepting Financial Aid Awards
- Review your Award Letter Carefully.
- Create an estimated e-bill for the upcoming year by utilizing the Tuition Calculator. This tool allows a family to estimate estimated tuition, housing, meal plan charges while alos inputting financial aid awards and outside resources well in advance of the University e-bill.
- Financial aid awards assume full-time enrollment - if you plan to enroll less than full-time contact the SFS office.
- Report additional funding sources not listed on your award letter, including Tuition Remission, University or non-University awards such as Academic Merit scholarships, outside Scholarships, and Grants to Student Financial Services (SFS). These awards may affect your current financial aid package and eligibility for funding, (i.e.; University based, Federal, and State Grants and Federal Student Loans). If your financial aid package changes you will be notified via your Temple University e-mail account when the revised award letter is ready to view.
- Making Changes – Housing and grade level statuses must be corrected on the FAFSA, or by contacting the SFS office.