Transfer Students

If you are planning to transfer to Temple University, please take the following steps to transfer your financial aid.

  1. Notify the Registrar and the Student Aid offices at your prior school that you will not be returning. If applicable, please make sure to ask them to cancel any Federal Direct Loans certified for you. 
  2. Update your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with Temple University’s federal school code 003371. If you have questions or need help call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
  3. If you have not yet completed the FAFSA, read how to Complete the FAFSA.  
  4. Contact Temple University Office of Registrar for veterans Information (if applicable).
  5. Contact your state grant agency (if applicable).

Recipients of Pennsylvania State Grant should contact the state grant agency (PHEAA) to get their grant transferred to Temple University.  PHEAA requires written notification from the student to make this change.  The State Grant Program Enrollment Information form can be found on the PHEAA website

The types of financial aid available to transfer students are determined by individual eligibility and availability of funds.  Student Financial Services awards financial aid based on financial need which is determined by subtracting the expected family contribution (EFC) from the cost of education. (The EFC is calculated by the federal processor when the FAFSA is filed).

Temple University’s priority deadline for filing the FAFSA is March 1.  After March 1, financial aid awards will continue to be made, but all funding sources may not be available.