drupal_get_breadcrumb())); ?>

Transfer Students

If you plan to transfer to Temple University, follow these steps to in order to receive a financial aid award in an efficient and timely manner.

If you have already completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for your current institution, release your FAFSA to Temple University. Do this as soon as you apply for transfer admission to the University.

Update Your FAFSA

Make changes at www.fafsa.ed.gov:

  • Click “Start Here” to log in.
  • Click “Make FAFSA Corrections.”
  • Enter your Federal Student Aid ID.
  • Enter Temple's School Code: 003371.
  • Submit your new information.

See Correcting or Updating your FAFSA for more information on how to make changes to your financial aid application.

Notify Your Current School

As soon as you submit your enrollment deposit for admission to Temple University, please notify the financial aid office of your current institution so they can cancel all financial aid offered to you for the semester for which you will be enrolling in Temple University.    

Federal Direct Loans

Request your current school's financial aid office to cancel all pending Direct Loan funding (Federal subsidized, Federal unsubsidized, Parent PLUS and Graduate PLUS) certified on your behalf. Go to studentloans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note(s) to include Temple University.

Federal Parent (dependent students) and Graduate Student (graduate students) PLUS loans do not transfer to the new school. Parents and Graduate students must reapply for the loan funding

PHEAA Recipients

Notify the financial aid office at your current institution so they can cancel any pending semester PHEAA grants on your behalf. Recipients of Pennsylvania State Grant must also contact the state grant agency (PHEAA) to have their grant transferred to Temple University. PHEAA requires written notification from the student to make this change.  See the PHEAA website for more information.

Alternative Loans

Request your current school's financial aid office to cancel all pending private alternative loan disbursements certified on your behalf. Students must reapply for private student alternative loan funding with their lender.

Fund Availability

The types of financial aid available to transfer students are determined by individual eligibility and availability of funds.  Student Financial Services awards financial aid based on financial need which is determined by subtracting the expected family contribution (EFC) from the cost of education. 

Priority Deadline

Newly admitted students for a fall semester start: Temple University’s priority deadline for filing the FAFSA is March 1 each year for new and returning students.  After March 1, financial aid awards will continue to be made, but all funding sources may not be available.

Newly admitted students for a spring semester start: Temple University's priority deadline for filing the FAFSA is December 1 for the first year as a new spring admit.