Many students may find they need support beyond financial aid in order to afford food, utilities, and other basic needs. You may be eligible for programs that reduce your expenses and/or help you cover them.
- To explore these options, we encourage you to call BenePhilly at 1-833-373-5868, download MyCompass PA app, or visit COMPASS.state.pa.us.
- If you pay for utility bills, consider signing up for the gas and electric savings programs to help reduce costs. When you call, remember that for many programs only the income of your household matters—not your parents’ household—and often financial aid does not count as income.
The Temple University Dean of Students Office resources:
The Hope Center resources:
- Philadelphia-area resources to help with a student's basic needs (including: income, food, housing, healthcare, parenting & childcare, transportation, online learning resources, self-care, legal needs, etc.).
- Surviving COVID-19: A #RealCollege Guide for Students
- Resources for #RealCollegePHL Students