Please note that Student Financial Services will work with approved employers to provide in-person job opportunities we will be asking for Covid-19 protocols and procedures for those requests.
Interested non-profit organizations should email us at email@example.com. At this time any new request will be reviewed for Fall 2022.
Current Off-Campus partners can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on the status of their student hires.
Student Financial Services partners with non-profit organzations as part of our Federal Workstudy Community Service program. Please note that this program is only designed for "paid positions" we cannot use Federal work-study funding for positions or internships set up as "non-paid" or as a "volunteer" position.
In order to be considered the organization must show that their organization has programs that are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or to solve particular problems related to their needs.
The student does need to provide a "direct" service. The student must provide services that are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents or to solve particular problems related to those residents' needs.
Contracted Employers can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Employers interested in participating in Temple’s Work Study Program should submit the following to be considered for the program:
- Documentation about the organization and its mission.
- Job description(s) documenting the type of work the student would be doing.
- Positions that require interaction with minors should have it documented in the job description.
- The Off-Campus employers is responsible for conducting the required child abuses clearance(s). Employers must outline how clearances will be conducted and notify Temple University once clearances are obtained. Students are not authorized to work until proper clearances are obtained and documented to Temple University.
- Proof of non-profit- 501(c)(3)
- Employers must outline COVID-19 procedures.
- Submit Off-Campus Employer application (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request)
Please note that employer slots are limited and we will try to provide a decision as soon as possible.
Temple University authorized Federal Workstudy students will have their bi-weekly payroll processed by Temple Univeristy utilizing Federal funding. The Federal Workstudy program pays 75% of the student wage using the Federal work-study grant. The employer hiring the student is responsible to pay Temple 25% of the student’s award amount in advance. Employers who want to be considered for the community service match can email us email@example.com. Students must first come to SFS to get hired prior to beginning employment. Students should not begin working off-campus until SFS has assured them that they are officially hired into our HR system.
Off-campus employers must monitor student earnings to ensure that students do not earn in excess of their award. An organization may forfeit its eligibility to employ students if students are continually permitted to exceed their awards. If the student exceeds his or her award, the employer will be responsible for 100% of the overaward.