Please note that Student Financial Services continues to work remotely due to COVID-19.
We are beginning review for new employers end of September. Interested non-profits should email us at email@example.com. For Fall 2020 we are only approving remote work opportunities.
Current Off-Campus partners can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on the status of their student hires.
Student Financial Services partners with non-profit organzations as part of our Federal Workstudy Community Service program. In order to be considered the organization must show that their organization has programs that are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or to solve particular problems related to their needs.
The students do not have to provide a "direct" service. The student must provide services that are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents or to solve particular problems related to those residents' needs.
Off-campus employers contracted through Temple must submit a contract to the Student Financial Services Office. Organizations wishing to post a job, please email email@example.com.
Employers interested in participating in Temple’s Work Study Program should submit the following to be considered for the program:
- Documentation about the organization and it's mission.
- Job description(s) documenting the type of work the student would be doing.
- Positions that require interaction with minors should have it documented in the job description. The Off-Campus employers is responsible for conducting the required child abuses clearance(s). Employers must outline how clearances will be conducted and notify Temple University once clearances are obtained. Students are not authorized to work until proper clearances are obtained and documented to Temple University.
- Proof of non-profit- 501(c)(3)
- For 2020-2021 employers must outline COVID-19 procedures.
- Submit Off-Campus Employer application (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request)
- Obtain and submit Temple Off-Campus Contract along with documentation listed above. A contract and additional information regarding the program can be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com
Temple University authorized Federal Workstudy students will have their bi-weekly payroll processed by Temple Univeristy utilizing Federal funding. The Federal Workstudy program pays 75% of the student wage using the Federal work-study grant. The employer hiring the student is responsible to pay Temple 25% of the student’s award amount in advance. Students must first come to SFS to get hired prior to beginning employment. Students should not begin working off-campus until SFS has assured them that they are officially hired into our HR system.
Off-campus employers must monitor student earnings to ensure that students do not earn in excess of their award. An organization may forfeit its eligibility to employ students if students are continually permitted to exceed their awards. If the student exceeds his or her award, the employer will be responsible for 100% of the overaward.