- Before seeking a Federal Workstudy position, students should check the Cost & Aid tab of TUPortal to ensure they have an accepted Federal Workstudy offer on their account. Some departments might require Federal Workstudy funding for positions they post. Others might hire student workers that they will pay out of their own department budget.
- On-campus Work-Study jobs are all posted on the Temple University Employment website.
- If a employer/department hires a student without confirming the student's eligibility for Federal Work-Study, the employer/department will be responsible for all wages the student has earned.
- All Off-Campus Employers MUST first be approved by Student Financial Services prior to hiring a student.
- Employers MUST have a valid contract with Temple University and all required paperwork fully completed in order to be approved to receive Temple University Federal Work-study students.
- Off-campus Work-Study jobs are posted on the Off-Campus Work Study Job Bank section of this website.
- Students MUST receive authorization from Student Financial Services prior to beginning work with Off-Campus Employers. This includes Employers listed on the job bank and Off-Campus Employers that student have found on their own. Temple University cannot process any work-study payments for work performed for unauthorized employment. Payment for unauthorized employment must be made in full by the employer.
Receiving bi-weekly payment once hired
- Off-Campus Students: Timesheet for hours worked must be submitted by the directly by the supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accept timesheets submitted by students.
- On-Campus Students: Hours worked must be submitted via the Kronos system and approved by the supervisor.
- Students are paid bi-weekly. The payroll schedule is available online Temple University Payroll Schedule
- Students have the option of signing up for direct deposit via their on-boarding process with HR.
- Students will be paid only when all appropriate payroll forms are completed and submitted to Human Resources by the hiring department (or with Student Financial Services in the case of off-campus employment). If all paperwork has not been completed, the employer is solely responsible for paying the student.
- Questions about paychecks should be referred to work study position’s supervisor for on-campus positions and/or Temple University Payroll Office.
- Questions regarding FICA taxes can be found via: Temple University Payroll Office.
- Payroll Tax information can also be found via: Frequently Asked Questions- Payroll
Work Study supervisors and Business Managers
- Supervisors must monitor cost center reports for their Federal Workstudy students to ensure that they do not earn in excess of their Federal work study award.
- If the student exceeds their award, the employer/department will be responsible for 100% of the student pay for the excess hours the student worked.
- Off Campus Employers should email email@example.com prior to having students work an off-campus position. Students who work without obtaining proper authorization cannot be paid under Federal Workstudy funding. Furthermore, all Off-Campus employers must enter into a contract with Temple University which will detail the employer share of the student's wages.
- Federal Work-Study FAQs for Supervisors and Timekeepers during COVID-19