The mission of the Free Library of Philadelphia is to advance literacy, guide learning, and inspire curiosity. Its vision is to build an enlightened community devoted to lifelong learning.
Office Work Location: Parkway Central Library 1901 Vine Street.
Wage: $10.00/hr.- Must qualify for federal work-study. Contact email@example.com to review eligibility.
Length of Employment: Temporary Position-Fall 2022- Spring 2023
Work- Schedule: This is an onsite position with a commitment of 7-10 hours a week (within 9:00am to 4:00pm with some flexibility).
We are seeking a short-term work study student to help in digitizing and archiving recent institutional documents, including board of directors meeting minutes, documentation of building renovations, and assisting in data entry/organization. In this position, you will assist the Executive Office Coordinator with this and other administrative projects.
The Rosenbach Museum and Library is a 501(c) organization that offers exhibits, programs, and tours showcasing rare books, manuscripts, and art. The collection comprises a rare book and manuscript library, fine decorative arts, and historic house. https://rosenbach.org/
- Support the Executive Office Coordinator in completing administrative projects including but not limited to:
- Maintaining and creating file system for documents such as meeting minutes, board of directors’ reports, and other such files
- Scanning and uploading archived documents and organize appropriately
- Shredding or appropriately disposing of archived documents under the direction of staff
- Assisting development and operations offices with file management and digitization
- PLEASE NOTE THAT FEDERAL WORK STUDY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL OFF-CAMPUS POSITIONS
- All work study students are required to have federal work study as a part of their financial aid package
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and digitizing/scanning practices
- Good sense of maintaining confidentiality regarding sensitive information
Students who accept positions with the Free Library Off Campus Work Study Program will be required to complete the PA State Child Abuse Clearances in order to be permitted to work with minors. There is no cost to the student for the completion of these clearances.
The City of Philadelphia and the Free Library of Philadelphia require that all employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 or else submit an exemption for us to keep on file. If you are not vaccinated but provide us with an exemption you will also need to agree to wear a double mask when working in any Free Library location
To apply: send resume and availability to Lara Bros at firstname.lastname@example.org and Debi Leonard at email@example.com. Please include “RML Temporary Work Study Position” in your subject line. You will be contacted for an interview if your experience meets requirements and qualifications. Applications accepted until position is filled.