Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation (PCDC) is a grassroots, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote Chinatown as a viable ethnic, residential, and business community.
PCDC Teen Club: Group Leader Job Description
Are you interested in becoming a Teacher, Coach, or Mentor? Do you have experience working with youth?
Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation (PCDC) is looking for strong leaders to work with our afterschool program.
Job Type: Part-time, Work Study- Contact email@example.com if you need to be reviewed for work-study eligibility.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 3:00 PM – 6 PM in Chinatown, Philadelphia
Payrate: $10/hr- Must qualify for Federal Work-study.
*Chinese/English Bilingual is strongly preferred
Duties and Responsibilities Group leaders are responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of daily activities (focus on sports: basketball/volleyball/badminton/Ping Pong, etc.)
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of school activities as needed
- Supervise and direct students according to the site
- Ensure that youth are safe at all times
- Attend required trainings as needed
- Be familiar with and strive to comply with the School Standards for Youth Programs
- Engage students with different sports/games
- Help/create lesson plans
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 2 years of experience working with youth in grades 8th-12th or other relevant experience
- Able to be physically active with and engage youth
- Experience with urban settings and diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Chinese/English Bilingual is preferred
Clearances: This position requires that you complete and pass the following clearances.
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
Covid Guidelines- PCDC will review COVID guidelines for employees since this is an in-person position.
Submit cover letter & resume to Rosaline Yang- firstname.lastname@example.org