Who We Are and What We Do
On May 24, 2022, the boards of Philadelphia Futures and Steppingstone Scholars voted to merge, creating one of the most dynamic, expansive, and trusted educational nonprofits in the City of Philadelphia. This vote provides a path for the joint organization to significantly scale services for students, particularly Black, Latino/a, and first-generation students, and to create sustainable access to academic and workforce opportunities.
Upon the official merger, which is subject to required governmental approvals, the organization will rebrand as a new entity to be unveiled in Fall 2022. In the coming months, we are excited to make key additions to the team (informally called PFSS in the interim) that will support the vision for the new organization: “all Philadelphia students graduate high school with pathways to economic mobility
through college and workforce success.”
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting students with independent and group assignments
- Monitoring students during transitions between classes
- Supervising dismissal
- Working with teacher/program to develop and implement curriculum
- Collecting literacy and math student achievement data and monitor progress
- Advising program on student progress
- Supporting classroom teachers during instruction
- writing notes on board
- passing out instructional supplies
- taking attendance
- Strong interest in education, specifically teaching and learning.
- Preference for students majoring in STEM related fields
- Dedicated to supporting students as they work to achieve academic excellence.
- Willing to set rigorous and high expectations for students.
- Passionate about making a difference in the academic outcomes of underserved students
- Open to feedback and willing to make adjustments in real time
- Strong leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Problem solving ability
- Willingness to take initiative
Other things to keep in mind:
- This position has a requirement to meet in-person. All candidates must be fully vaccinated andshould be prepared for regular testing if requested by the organization and/or a partner.Candidates must adhere to COVID safety guidelines of the organization
- Must be able to regularly access and use general office equipment including phones, computers, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to work in a busy, often complex work environment that is generally climate controlled.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted on an occasional basis.\
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must meet PA State background check requirements [PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Check
Rate of Pay: $15/hr- Must qualify for Federal Work-study. Email email@example.com if you have questions regarding work-study at Temple.
Work Location: School Site, Various Locations, In-person