Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse, located in East Fairmount Park, has been a treasured destination for over 100 years. Smith strives to be Philadelphia’s foremost resource for play by providing opportunities for unstructured creative play for children 10 and younger. Smith contributes to the development of healthy children, strong families, and safe communities by: 1) maintaining a proud tradition of free family admission; 2) partnering with community-based organizations to reach a diverse audience; and 3) advocating for the importance of play.
Visitor Services Assistants are responsible for welcoming and interacting with visitors at Smith, some administrative work for birthday party rentals and group visits, assisting with general office work and maintaining a clean and safe environment in the Playhouse and on the Playground. S/he is the first point of contact for the public to Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse and must have exceptional people skills, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to friendly customer service. S/he will be expected to work as a team with other Visitor Services Assistants outside on the Playground and inside in the Playhouse, doing a variety of tasks. These tasks include light custodial work, encouraging visitors to follow safety guidelines, and making reservations. Candidates must be able to represent Smith in a professional, warm manner
- Greet visitors in a pleasant manner & answer questions; answer phones & return messages; tell visitors about safety guidelines and help visitors follow them.
- Take accurate daily attendance of visitors
- Communicate effectively with co-workers to prevent gaps in customer service;value teamwork and work cooperatively as a team member
- Maintain a clean, tidy & safe environment at personal work stations & throughtout Smith's grounds; perform light maintenance tasks as required
- Effectively manage crowded equipment while remaining polite & welcoming
- Assist Birthday party renters in following our renter guidelines, and ensure they have a positive visitor experience.
- Familiarize self with Smith's history, culture, and mission to educate visitors
- arrive on time when scheduled
- Ability to handle delicate visitor situations in a friendly and professional manner
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work well independently on assigned tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 30 lbs
- Ability to work outside
- Able to work part-time schedule within the hours of Monday- Sunday; 9:45 am - 7:15 pm
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org