Summer Work Study
Summer Federal Work-Study Program allows students to earn funding toward educational expenses for the upcoming academic year. Students interested in working during the Summer semester must come to Student Financial Services to request a Summer workstudy award. We begin Summer workstudy reviews mid-April.
- Students must have a valid FAFSA on file for the current year and the upcoming academic year.
- Student must qualify for Title IV Aid.
- Students must have unmet financial need- This is determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Students must be either enrolled for Summer Session or pre-registered for the upcoming Fall term.
- Student Financial Services will determine a student’s eligibility for a summer Federal Work Study award based on remaining annual eligibility and summer session (s) or upcoming fall pre-registration. Amounts awarded are determined based on available funding.
- Students enrolled in courses for the Summer I or Summer II sessions must complete and submit the Summer Federal Work Study Request Form to SFS.
- Students that are not enrolled during the summer session(s), but are pre-registered for the upcoming fall semester are required to adhere to the federal regulation that governs FWS. The regulation requires a portion of summer earnings be used to meet educational expenses during the upcoming academic year. These attributed earnings are considered a resource offsetting calculated need for the upcoming FAFSA award year.
Students working On-Campus will be hired through the department posting the position.
Students wanting to work Off-Campus must stop by Student Financial Services.
- Off-Campus work must be at an employer that SFS currently has a current contract with. Temple's Off-Campus workstudy program only contracts with local non-profits that provide services to the community. We do not contract with private organizations or organizations that do not meet our community service definition.
- Students who begin working without prior authorization off-campus will not be paid through the Federal Workstudy Grant. Please note that outside organizations do not have access to Temple's HR or payroll system .
- Please note that having a workstudy award on your account does not guarantee that it can be used towards an internship position. As stated previously workstudy awards can only be used towards Temple contracted non-profit organizations. Students should contact us at 215-204-1404 or email@example.com prior to working off-campus.
Summer I- May 9th- June 19th
Summer II- June 20th - August 7th
Fall 2020- August 15th- December 16th