Academic Merit ScholarshipsEligibility
- Scholarships are renewable for up to four continuous years for freshman (accepted for fall 2016 and prior terms) and three continuous years for transfer students while maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA and full-time enrollment (at least 12 credits per term). Freshman accepted for fall 2017 and future terms must review their scholarship notification for specific renewal criteria. Renewal criteria can be found in the Policies section of this website.
- Students that do not meet the eligibility requirements will no longer qualify for the academic merit scholarship. The scholarship cannot be reinstated once lost. Additional information on the renewal criteria can be found in the Policies section of this website.
- Specific details may be provided in the student's scholarship notification letter from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Temple University Academic Merit scholarships are tuition only.
Academic merit scholarships range from $1000 to full tuition.Application/selection
Academic merit scholarships are awarded by the Office of Undergraduate Admission at the time of admission.
Air Force ROTCEligibility
U.S. citizens who:
- are high school graduates (or equivalent);
- can pass the physical examination for participation in ROTC;
- possess at least a 2.5 grade point average; and
- have 1100 on the SAT are eligible.
Tuition scholarships are for $9,000, $15,000 or full tuition plus an annual stipend of $3,000 and $255 per semester for books for two- (sophomores), three- (freshman), or four-year (for entering students) scholarships. Four-year scholarship winners are also eligible to receive a $2,500 payment for room and board.
Air Force ROTC tuition scholarship, Temple University Academic Merit scholarship and tuition remission funding combined cannot exceed the total cost of tuition per term.Application/selection
Students interest in four-year awards must apply by December 1 of the year before they intend to enter the university. Applicants will be interviewed and winners will be notified by June 1.
Two- and three-year scholarship applicants can apply beginning in January, with notifications sent in May.
For more information about Air Force Scholarships at Temple University, call 610-660-3190 or visit the regional Air Force ROTC website.
U.S. citizens who:
- are full time Temple University students;
- can pass the physical examination for participation in ROTC;
- have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average;
- excel at an Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) consisting of push-ups, sit-ups and a two mile run for time.
Full tuition and fees scholarships (resident or nonresident rate) plus a monthly stipend ranging from $300 for freshman to $500 for seniors. Additionally, there is an allowance of $1200 per year for books.
ROTC tuition scholarship, Temple University Academic Merit scholarship and tuition remission funding combined cannot exceed the total cost of tuition per term.Application/selection
Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not on financial need.
- Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
For more information about Army scholarships at Temple, contact Marc Young 215-204-7482 or 7480. Or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Army ROTC office is located on the lower level of Ritter Hall. Visit the Temple Army ROTC website for more information.
Broad Street Finish Line GrantEligibility
- FAFSA application on file as of March 1 with indicated financial need (domestic applicants only). International students do not have to have a FAFSA on file.
- Preference given to students who are the first generation in their families to graduate from college/university. Additionally, preference will be given to students from the City of Philadelphia though all students will be considered, including international students.
$500 - $5000 per yearApplication/selection
Click here to complete the application.
Elmer Roe Deaver Foundation ScholarshipEligibility
The Elmer Roe Deaver Foundation is providing scholarships for descendants of employees of Quaker City Life Insurance Company, including spouses and dependent children. A dependent child is defined as a natural, adopted, or resident step child.Application/selection
The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit, independent organization is the facilitator of the program. All requests for scholarship assistance must be submitted directly to the CSA on its website https://www.csascholars.org/deaver/index.php on or before June 15 of each year.
Henrietta S. Treen ScholarshipEligibility
- Must be enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at Temple University in a degree-seeking program
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be preparing for a profession in Ministry, the practice of Law or the practice of Medicine
- Must demonstrate high personal character, academic ability and achievement
The annual scholarship amount varies annually. All scholarship funds will be sent directly to the Bursar's Office to disburse to student accounts. The scholarship is non-renewable, however current recipients may reapply and be considered in competition with new applicants.Application/selection
The Henrietta S. Treen scholarship is providing scholarships for deserving students. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit, independent organization is the facilitator of the program.
- Set-up an online account, www.csascholars.org.
- Login to the online account and complete the Henrietta S. Treen scholarship application (Once you have done this you will get an email back confirming CSA received the online portion of the application and a reminder to complete step 3).
- Mail in all additional required materials no later than March 13, 2017.
Deadline for Submission:
Applicants must submit the requested information via the website and by mail. All additional items must be received no later than 5pm EST March 13, 2017. No exceptions will be made to the deadline.
The Temple University Memorial Awards are designed to recognize Temple University students for their outstanding academic, leadership and service achievements.
The Dean of Students Office coordinates the Memorial Awards process. The Temple University Memorial Awards website is updated at the first of the year with information pertaining to the upcoming academic year award applications.Amount
Please contact the Dean of Students at 215-204-7188 or email@example.com.
- All students must complete the FAFSA by March 1 and demonstrate financial need in order for their micro-scholarships to be honored.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Maintain a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0
- Be registered as a full time student (30 credits per year) at Temple's main campus in Philadelphia, as well as our campuses in Ambler and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and our first year away program at Temple Rome. RaiseMe scholarships are not available for students at Temple Japan.
- If student graduates from Temple in 3 years they may forfeit awards allocated for their final year.
Annual Amount $2,200 - $5,000Application/selection
- Micro-Scholarships will automatically be included your financial aid summary.
Supplemental Academic Scholarships (SAS)Eligibility
Students who have demonstrated academic achievement (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and financial need (FAFSA on file) are eligible to apply for these annual merit-based awards. Additional eligibility criteria are explained on the SAS website.Amount
Typically, selected students are awarded $2,000 - $4,000 per academic year.Application/selection
Scholar Development and Fellowships Advising coordinates these awards. The online application typically opens by mid-March and is due in May. Confirm the exact date on the Scholar Development and Fellowships Advising website.
The Supplemental Academic Scholarship Committee reviews all eligible applicants and makes final decisions during the summer, notifying students by mid-August.
Filling out one Supplemental Academic Scholarship Application form enters your application for all four of these scholarships:
· WW Smith Charitable Trust
· Hearst Foundations
· Jessie Ball duPont Fund
· Wells Fargo Scholarship