2015-16 Loan Term Dates
- Fall/Spring: August 24, 2015 to May 4, 2016
- Fall only: August 24, 2015 to December 16, 2015
- Spring only: January 11, 2016 to May 4, 2016
2016-17 Loan Term Dates
- Fall/Spring: August 29, 2016 to May 10, 2017
- Fall only: August 29, 2016 to December 21, 2016
- Spring only: January 17, 2017 to May 10, 2017
There are four loan term periods—fall/spring, fall only, spring only or summer only. To ensure that we are providing the best possible service to our students, Student Financial Services will beginning the 2015-16 Academic Year, certify PLUS Loans for the Full Year (Fall and Spring combined), Summer will continue to be considered a seperate loan period.
The only exceptions will be for those students who:
- Are entering their final semester and will graduate at the end of the fall term (confirmation of graduation will be required in the form of a letter or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your academic advisor, or a copy of your application to graduate.)
*As a result, our office will adjust your entire financial aid award according to regulations and then certify the loan for the single semester in question.
- New spring admits and/or students who did not attend the fall semester
- Students participating in a study abroad/away program for a single semester. A copy of your program acceptance/admittance will be required, if there are no charges on your account reflecting your status.
- Students who currently have a past due balance from a prior academic year. For example, any returning student for the Fall 2015 semester that has a balance from Spring 2015 or Summer 2015.
*All students receiving aid who will graduate at the completion of the fall term will need to contact the Student Financial Services office as soon as possible so that all their aid can be adjusted accordingly.
Students graduating at the conclusion of the Spring Semester are not subject to the exception if they were registered during the fall.
*Parent PLUS Loans for the Fall/Spring loan period will be split equally between the two semesters; so the disbursement of a $10,000 Fall/Spring loan would be $5,000 for the fall semester and $5,000 for the spring semester.