Federal work-study is a Federal Grant that allows students to earn funding via a bi-weekly paycheck to help cover non-billable educational expenses. Federal work-study funding does not get applied towards tuition and fees. Students must work an approved work-study position to earn the funding. To qualify students must have a valid FAFSA on file and qualify for Title IV Federal Aid. Students must also demonstrate unmet financial need as defined by the FAFSA application. Work-study is packaged on a student's financial aid offer. You can view this via the Cost & Aid tab of TUPortal. Federal work-study offers must be accepted by students within the Costs and Aid tab of the TUportal.
Fall 2022 work-study
- Fall 2022 work-study begins August 13, 2022. Student must accept their awards via Self-Service Banner in TUPortal- Cost & Aid tab.
- Graduate/Professional Students must request workstudy via firstname.lastname@example.org. They are not auto-packaged with work-study.
- Last date to work for Fall 2022 is 12/15 ( last day of finals).
Main Campus Student Financial Services only packages Undergraduate & Graduate students. Professional students will be reviewed for work-study eligibility by their respective financial aid offices as listed below.
- Main Campus Undergraduate & Graduate students : email@example.com
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, & Dental students (HSC): email@example.com
- Podiatry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beasley School of Law: email@example.com
Locating Federal Work-study Employment
Please note that having a Federal work-study award does not guarantee a Federal work-study job position is available.
To locate Federal work-study job opportunities within Temple University you should refer to the following sources:
- On-Campus Federal Workstudy positions are posted in TUPortal -"Applications" under careers@temple
- Off-Campus Authorized Federal Workstudy positions are posted via our job bank Off-Campus Federal Work-study Job Bank
If you have questions regarding the I-9 hiring for HR please refer to the HR website: https://careers.temple.edu/employee-onboarding