Federal work-study is a Federal Grant that allows students to earn funding via a bi-weekly paycheck to help cover non-billable educational expenses. Federal work-study funding does not get applied towards tuition and fees. Students must work an approved work-study position to earn the funding. To qualify students must have a valid FAFSA on file and qualify for Title IV Federal Aid. Students must also demonstrate unmet financial need as defined by the FAFSA application. Work-study is packaged on a student's financial aid offer. You can view this via the Cost & Aid tab of TUPortal. Federal work-study offers must be accepted by students via TUPortal- Cost & Aid tab.
- Fall 2021 Work-study Employment runs from 8/14/2021 through 12/15/2021 ( Last day of finals)
- Spring 2022 Work-Study Employment runs from 01/01/2022 through 05/04/2022 ( Last day of finals)
Main Campus Student Financial Services only packages Undergraduate & Graduate students. Professional students will be reviewed for work-study eligibility by their respective financial aid offices as listed below.
- Main Campus Undergraduate & Graduate students : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine: email@example.com
- Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, & Dental students (HSC): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podiatry: email@example.com
- Beasley School of Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
Locating Federal Work-study Employment
Please note that having a Federal work-study award does not guarantee a Federal work-study job position is available.
To locate Federal work-study job opportunities within Temple University you should refer to the following sources:
- On-Campus Federal Workstudy positions are posted in TUPortal -"Applications" under careers@temple
- Off-Campus Authorized Federal Workstudy positions are posted via our job bank Off-Campus Federal Work-study Job Bank
If you have questions regarding the I-9 hiring for HR please refer to the HR website: https://careers.temple.edu/employee-onboarding