Scholarships are a type of financial aid that do not need to be repaid. The eligibility requirements and amounts awarded vary. Generally scholarships can range from Need-Based to Merit-Based awards:
- Need-Based: Eligibility is determined by a review of the students/families finances. Generally the results the FAFSA application are used to determine a student's "financial need."
- Merit-Based: Eligibility can range from a student's academic, artistic, or athletic accomplishments (not limited to theses categories). In most cases, a student's "financial need" will not play a part in determining a student's eligibility.
Temple University offers incoming and continuing undergraduate students numerous scholarship opportunities to assist you in financing your education. In addition, each school and college offers scholarships specifically for students enrolled in their programs. In most cases, students must be enrolled full-time and seeking a degree in order to qualify for these scholarships. Information on the renewal criteria can be found in the Policies section of this website.
Unless otherwise noted, international students and immigrants are eligible for most Temple-sponsored scholarships. Please be sure to check with your Temple University school or college for additional scholarship opportunities.
Temple University's Scholar Development and Fellowships Advising (SDFA) offers assistance to Temple students in all stages of the application process for competitive, merit-based national fellowships. SDFA also coordinates the Supplemental Academic Scholarship program specifically for Temple undergraduates.
Information regarding third party awards is found on the Temple University Bursar website.
Scholarship Opportunities at Temple
- New Incoming Students
- Continuing Students
- Students with Disabilities
- Study Abroad
- Ambler Students
- Outside Scholarships
Additional Scholarship Information
Scholarship information from outside sources can be found at the below websites.
- Black Student Fund
- College Board
- College Scholarships
- College Scholarship and Online Degrees
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- National Data Base of Scholarships
- The Scholarship Page
- U.S. Department of Education