The PA State Grant is offered to Pennsylvania residents who meet PHEAA’s eligibility criteria. You must meet the following conditions to be considered for this grant.
- Complete a Pennsylvania State Grant application by May 1
- Be a Pennsylvania resident attending a Pennsylvania-based college or university
- Eligible students must be pursuing their first bachelor’s degree program in an approved program of study that is at least two years in length
- Be enrolled at least half-time (six or more credits)
- Have a PHEAA-determined qualifying expected family contribution
- Maintain PA State Grant academic progress (see below)
General PA State Grant Information
- A PA State Grant alone will not cover tuition and fees.
- Students enrolled in a summer semester may apply for a summer PA State Grant.
- Continuing students must submit the FAFSA for each academic year they plan to enroll to be reviewed for the PA State Grant.
- Changes in financial circumstances in future academic years can change a student’s eligibility or grant amount.
- The PA State Grant is applied to your student account balances after the add/drop period for your latest-starting course is complete.
- Students who register for a 7B course will receive their PA State Grant after the 7B add/drop period ends. Refer to the academic calendar for the term-specific dates.
- Students are still responsible for their balances. SFS cannot remove late fees and registration holds that may result from delayed PA State Grant disbursement.