Temple provides eligible students with Fly in 4 need-based grants, which empower them to:
- reduce the time they work for pay.
- focus more on their studies.
Students from middle- and low- income backgrounds are more at risk for taking longer than four years to graduate, in part because they often work many hours each week in addition to studying.
Temple awards 500 students a Fly in 4 grant per entering fall class. Eligible students will receive $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester).
Eligibility is based on the student filing on time and having documented financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal criteria (for up to 4 full-time, continuously enrolled years):
- meet all designated Fly in 4 checkpoints
- meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines
- attend full-time each fall and spring semester
- continue to file and complete the annual FAFSA by the priority filing deadline (February 1 for 2021-22 aid year)
- continue to show documented financial need on the annual FAFSA
- submit all financial aid paperwork by required deadlines