Temple provides eligible students with Fly in 4 need-based grants, which empower them to:
- reduce the time they work for pay.
- focus more on their studies.
Students from middle- and low- income backgrounds are more at risk for taking longer than four years to graduate, in part because they often work many hours each week in addition to studying.
Each fall, Temple awards 500 Fly in 4 grants per entering class. Eligible students will receive $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester).
Eligibility is based on the student's financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal criteria (for up to 4 full-time, continuously enrolled years):
- meet all designated Fly in 4 checkpoints
- meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines
- attend full-time each fall and spring term
- continue to file the annual FAFSA by March 1 each year
- continue to show documented financial need on the FAFSA
- submit all financial aid paperwork by required deadlines